It’s so great to be back after a long (much needed) break. I have moved, lived with no internet, started my final year of university and spent my summer mainly focusing on my relationship with God. I promise, I’ll be so much better with blogging from now on.
My heart has been a lot of things lately, but as we approach the weekend; it’s a combination of buzz, nervousness and total excitement, because as of right now (like as you’re reading this), my free pack of declarations, Embracing Our Identity is officially out!
I am seriously over the moon that I get to finally share the full thing with you. I want to invite you, personally to click here to download the full pack. The pack covers topics on; feeling lonely, stressed, negative and worrisome thoughts, new seasons, identity and the comparison trap.
Why? Because I know that walking everyday as a child of God can feel tough sometimes. Different thoughts and questions swarm around our minds like:
- What am I supposed to say?
- How do I go about knowing my identity?
- What does my identity in Christ look like?
- I’ve been so busy lately, do I have time?
I’ve done the same and I know that waking up every day, having to face life, a new struggle or obstacle as Christians can feel almost near-to-impossible sometimes, which can totally drain us out. But I have found, from experience, repeating the promises that God gave us, has helped me to take on each day with positivity and confidence – knowing fully well that God is going to take care of me and my family… And that He sees me where I am right now.
Yes, I agree, life can get in the way. We worship less. Prayer doesn’t even seem to be a go-to option anymore. Before we know it, we’re already in bed, nearly dozing off without saying a word to God, the whole day. We look back and we’ve missed 12 days on our Bible reading plan. Or when it came to praying, we got tongue-tied, trying to use the fancy words we hear and decide “It’s not my thing anyway”. Prayer doesn’t have to be like that at all. It can be really simple.
I struggled with the same thing. Didn’t understand how they did it. So I went on good old Pinterest to look for prayers that matched my problem. I found and fell in love with Affirmations, that were short, sweet and straight to the point. Exactly what my heart needed.
I felt the Lord remind me of something I had told myself a while back; that I wanted to be that person I never had. To stand in the gap for those who need a helping hand or struggle to let the words they really feel out. From this, birthed a pack of 10 hope-filled declarations. From my heart to yours.
I pray that this resource pack would be useful and heartfelt. These declarations/affirmations can be used in a variety of ways:
- As a daily affirmation, confession or declaration, you say out loud to yourself, whilst looking in the mirror, getting ready or on your way to school or work. I believe that as we go through life, we all need a pick me up. Something, already written, already prepared, so that we can easily pull it out from its hiding place and speak out.
- They can be turned into prayers, when you don’t have the words to describe how you’re feeling or who God is to you right now.
- You can include it in your journal. Write out the declaration and then underneath write how that made you feel afterwards by answering the ‘Heart Thoughts’; Do you feel more confident? Do you feel like God is closer than He was before? What do you want to change?
If you noticed, I have also included a section, I call ‘Heart Thoughts’ at the end, which is a small mixture of questions and thoughts to help you reflect, whilst praying/conversing with God or journaling. I believe and strongly hope, that even if these words that I have written are not what is encased within your hearts – that these words would trigger the light, to help you find them.
From A CrownedSoul,